Our core values are ENJOYMENT ENGAGEMENT and GROWTH
These values underpin all that we do at Ley Hill School, preparing everyone for life as compassionate, respectful and confident individuals.
We welcome everyone into a safe and secure environment where everyone is nurtured, encouraged to achieve their full potential and to flourish in all areas of life. By growing together we inspire each other to achieve our potential as lifelong learners.
At Ley Hill School our aims are:
- To engage pupils to develop lively enquiring minds and an enjoyment and love of learning.
- To engage themselves in a variety of academic, physical and creative skills and understanding across our curriculum.
- To show enjoyment and engagement by being active participants in their own learning growth.
- To engage in the growth mindset philosophy in order to grow as active learners.
- To encourage pupils to enjoy acquiring wisdom, knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to their futures in a fast-changing world.
- To encourage pupils to enjoy, understand and respect the world in which they live and grow.
- To engage in the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- To develop understanding and tolerance of the differences between people and to be compassionate in the way they interact with others, growing as unique respectful individuals in the world in which we live.
- To engage pupils to love a spiritual and contemplative approach to life, developing the awe and wonder and enjoyment of life.
- Appreciating and enjoying past and present human achievements and aspirations.
- To engage pupils to realise their own self-worth and enjoy their place in our wider school community so they can grow as wise and healthy individuals.